1. Great Exuma, Bahamas: Spend the day snorkeling at Tropic of Cancer Beach and then eat at Santanna’s – one of the best seafood meals we’ve ever had, in a small shack right on the water.- K.R., Glenmoore, PA
2. Doonbeg, Ireland: On our drive back from Doonbeg to Dublin, we reserved a pigeon clay shooting class at Dromoland Castle on the way – it was really fun for the kids and my husband. - L.M., South Hamilton, MA
3. Los Cabos, Mexico: We took an incredible fishing trip with Pisces Sportfishing. We had the dorado we caught cooked by a chef in our home the following night. - MB, Bethesda, MD
4. Lake Tahoe, California: We used the EpicMix iPhone app at Northstar—it’s a great technology providing lots of fun for the skiing family. - S. S., San Diego, CA
5. Stowe, Vermont: We discovered a great informal spot with the largest selection of beers in Vermont, along with terrific food—The Reservoir in Waterbury. - M. M., Rye, NY
6. Central Pacific, Costa Rica: The best place to see wildlife is the Carara National Park north of Jaco. We saw toucans, scarlet macaws, monkeys, sloths and more. - Member M. K., Mamaroneck, NY
Back to top
Portico members are a savvy, sophisticated group of world travelers. We love to hear your stories and nothing delights our Escapists more than passing on their insights to other members.